The Canadian Experience Class, also called the CEC, is a type of immigration stream that can allow immigrants to obtain permanent resident status in Canada if they have enough “Canadian experience”. Screen Shot 2012 09 27 at 10.19.32 PM 300x217 How do I apply for CEC in 2012?

The Canadian Experience Class allows workers and students who have work and schooling experience, as well as language proficiency in one or both of the official languages, to use this experience towards applying for permanent residency in Canada.

What are the requirements for the Canadian Experience Class?

Top apply for permanent residency in Canada under the Canada Experience Class, you must meet a number of strict requirements:

If you are an international student, you must have language proficiency in English or French, at least two years of post-secondary education within Canada and at least one year of full-time work experience in Canada under a certain category.

If you are a temporary foreign worker, you must have language proficiency in English or French as well as at least two years or more of full-time Canadian skilled work experience within the last three years. This experience must be in specific job categories.

New requirements for CEC

On December 4th of 2011, the Canadian government made changes to the requirements for the Canadian Experience Class.

These changes were broad, affecting various definitions including those of family members and full-time work experience, updates to the requirements, changes to the requirements of the program and application procedural changes.

If you plan on immigrating to Canada as a permanent resident under the Canada experience class, contact one of our immigration lawyers as soon as possible. We can help you determine if you are eligible and explore all of your options for becoming a permanent resident in Canada.

Tags: Canada study permit, Canada work visa, Canadian Experience Class, Canadian Experience Class Requirements, CEC, CEC requirements, immigrate to Canada, international students, permanent residency in Canada, Requirements for CEC, temporary foreign workers