Apply for an H1B work visa for Denver

The H1B work visa is a United States work visa available to Canadian citizens and other foreign nationals who wish to work in the United States. To qualify, one must possess a high level of education, usually a bachelor’s degree or higher. In addition, they must work in what is considered a specialty occupation – meaning that not just anyone can fill the job position and this job position is so complex that not just anyone can fill it, which usually necessitates bringing in foreign workers to fill these positions. H1B work visa 300x196 Apply for an H1B work visa for Denver

Work in Denver on an H1B work visa

There is typically a four-step process involved in the H1B work visa application, and three of these steps need to be completed by your employer. First, the employer needs to demonstrate that they will pay you the prevailing wage for the job you’ve been offered by requesting a prevailing wage determination from the State Employment Security Agency.

Next, the employer will file an LCA, or Labour Condition Attestation with the DOL, or United States Department of Labour. In doing so, they will provide evidence that they will pay you the prevailing wage and that the work will definitely be available to you – meaning there are no strikes, lockouts or other union disputes that would prevent you from working when you arrive.

Lastly, the employer will file a petition for the H1B visa on your behalf. Once this petition is approved, you will be able to apply yourself.

H1B work visa lawyers serving Denver and surrounding areas

The H1B work visa has a cap, which means that the United States government only gives out a specific number of them each year. This number may fluctuate depending on a number of factors, but as an example the quota for the 2011/2012 fiscal year was 65,000 H1B work visas. As such, it is essential that you know exactly where and when to file because a capped work visa for the United States can be very competitive. A licensed immigration lawyer can be your best source of advice when it comes to applying for an H1B work visa, and we can be reached at the above phone number. Contact us as soon as possible!


TN Visa Lawyers in Denver

Even though Canada and the United States share a border and have a very friendly relationship, Canadians still need a work visa to work in the United States like any other foreign national. However, Canadians have the option of applying for a TN visa, which is like a fast-track option for a work visa for the United States. The TN visa is referred to as a fast-track option because it can be applied for at the United States border and doesn’t require a lengthy processing time like many other visas. TN Visa Lawyer 300x286 TN Visa Lawyers in Denver

Work in Denver on a TN Visa

Are you eligible for a TN visa? There are many different requirements and the qualification process for this United States work visa are quite specific. When you apply for a TN visa to work in the United States, you’ll need to demonstrate that:

You are a Canadian citizen and have proof of this in the form of either a valid passport or a birth certificate.

You have been offered a job by a United States employer and not only does this job appear on the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) list of professions suited to a TN visa, but the job offer letter is formatted in the required way for a TN visa.

You have the work history, resume, qualifications, education and any required licenses that shows you are qualified for the type of job you have been offered.

TN Visa lawyers serving Denver and surrounding areas

Please note that even though a TN visa is considered a “fast-track” option for working in the United States, this does not mean that it is easier to apply for than other visas. In fact, being able to apply for one at the border means you should be even more careful to ensure you are prepared for one, because you could very well be denied for a TN visa on your way to start your job in the United States.

We have helped many people immigrate to the United States, including Canadians who wanted to work in the United States on a TN visa. We have been in business for over 15 years and would love to count you among our many happy clients. Please contact us using the phone number at the top of this page to speak with a licensed immigration lawyer!